Capt Rabinder Singh, FICArb, MNI
UK Class.1 Master Mariner
Having over 30 years experience in the maritime industry, I am well versed with all aspects of marine risks. I have extensive experience in survey work, including vessel condition surveys, warranty surveys, project cargo stowage/lashing/securing, bulk cargo transportation, marine logistics, hull and machinery (H&M) and damage survey work and marine loss adjustment and claims handling. I have undertaken survey work for a range of clients, including Insurance companies, Ship owners, Charterers, Underwriters, Oil companies and major P&I clubs.
Also, having worked in one of the world’s largest repair shipyard in Singapore, as a dockmaster, I am very familiar with all types of risk assessment / loss control measures and damage repairs / cost estimates for ship repair work.
I have many years of command experience on most types of conventional ships including Bulk carriers/ container/ heavy lift/ tankers/ large car carrier, etc. as well as on Drill ship/ Seismic/ Offshore vessels, having sailed the world over.
My previous appointments include:
- Pre-vetting (SIRE) inspection / Audits / Oil cargo discharge operation superintending at various Oil terminals in Singapore, on various VLCCs on behalf of major charterers like CHEVRON and prominent ship owners of Tanker fleets.
- Expediting cargo operations on large VLCC Tankers at Singapore Oil terminals
- Pre-Vetting Inspections on large Chemical Tankers carried out at Australia, Mexico, and Japan on behalf of a major ship owner
- New building experience as Owners Superintendent in a major Japanese shipbuilding yard for new build construction and taking delivery of a very large Car Carrier
- Acting for Dutch ship owners in a claim by PSA Singapore for damages to a container berth
- Acting for underwriters in a claim for fire damage to a large tanker
- Acting for a reputed P&I club in an investigation for alleged oil cargo contamination on a large ore bulk oil (OBO) carrier
- Attending to loading surveys of steel cargo shipments from Venezuela’s largest steel factory, Sidor, at Matanzas port in Orinocco river. (I speak fluent Spanish)
- Attending to damage survey on a 1300 tons LNG propane condenser module in Indonesia on behalf of insurers / major American Oil company.
- Attended to Assurance survey on offshore Diving Support/ROV vessel for a major American subsea operator.
- Attended to pre-construction condition surveys at Singapore ports and terminals for Specialist Contractors in marine piling, marine structure, jetty and harbour construction.
- Attended to damage survey of three MRT Metro Train cars at Jurong Port, Singapore on behalf of the Cargo Underwriters
- Attended to Ship Collision Damage investigation and repairs at Singapore shipyards
- Attended to damage surveys of Fresh Perishable Produce (Bananas/Citrus fruit, etc.) on behalf of a major reefer container carrier, as well as on behalf of overseas shippers.
-Expert in Marine Claims handling and Loss Adjusting
- Expert in freight forwarders liability and in handling container cargo claims by various parties and fully cognizant with shipping trade documentary practices with respect to Bills of lading, charter parties, etc.
- Marine technical advice to Admiralty Lawyers
- Have carried out CMID audit on a Norwegian offshore seismic support vessel operating with a major geophysical company.
- Have been mentioned in leading International shipping journals eg. Port Technology (UK) and Journal of Commerce, USA
- Have recently carried out Navigation / Technical / Cargo Audits on a large LNG vessel, during a voyage from Tokyo to Singapore.